Early childhood is a unique time in a child’s development and it takes special skills and competencies to provide children with the grounding on which they build the rest of their education. Explore this program to find out how you can be a part of this innovative field.
This program is designed for two populations:
- Individuals who already hold an initial license in early childhood and who are looking for the M.Ed. This Early Childhood Education Advanced Studies program at Salem State University, in conjunction with a minimum of three years of experience as an early childhood teacher of record, can qualify teachers for professional licensure in Massachusetts.
- Individuals with prior experience in the field- public school, administration, early education & care, etc.- who are looking for professional development in the field.
This Early Childhood Education Advanced Studies program at Salem State University does not lead to an initial teaching license in early childhood education.
Salem State University's mission is to provide a high quality, student-centered education that prepares a diverse community of learners to contribute responsibly and creatively to a global society, and serve as a resource to advance the region's cultural, social and economic development.
- Models of Early Education: Past & Present
- Leadership for Excellence in Education
- Partnerships for Families: An Interprofessional Approach
- Seminar in Early Childhood Education and Child Development
- Child Development and Public Policy
- Connecting Research, Policy, and Practice in Education
- Data-Driven Instruction
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Applications accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed once complete
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 1984 other Masters in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Official transcript or transcript evaluation
- Three references
- English Proficiency, if applicable for international applicants
- Statement of purpose
- Early Childhood Education does not require the GRE or MAT
International20754 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10377 USD per semester during 12 months.
National20754 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10377 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State17514 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8757 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Salem
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.