English as a Second Language at Worcester State University is designed for individuals with an initial teacher license in ESL and leads to a professional teacher license in ESL. If you completed Worcester State’s post-baccalaureate program in ESL, all of those credits transfer to our master’s program.
With classes available in the late afternoons and evenings as well as online, our convenient program is designed for working professionals like you. You can earn your degree on your schedule with the option to complete the program either part- or full-time.
You’ll gain valuable insight from professors who are experienced practitioners in the field. What’s more, you’ll apply the theories you learn in class to real-world settings, where you’ll observe and implement effective teaching strategies in classrooms across Central Massachusetts. Your studies culminate in an individual research project, for which you’ll address a question related to ESL pedagogy.
As you progress through our program, you’ll record your achievements in a portfolio of work that not only demonstrates your mastery of all program competencies, but also showcases your professional development.
Graduates of our program are sought after by employers, and they go on to pursue rewarding teaching careers in schools across the state.
- Advanced Foundations of Education
- Research in Education
- Esl in Language & Education
- Second Language Acquisition
- Methods and Materials for Teaching English Language Skills to the ELL
- Literacy Instruction for the English Language Learner
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies Languages View 999 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- Completed graduate application, including fee and essay
- Official transcripts (Transcripts from outside the United States must be officially translated and evaluated.)
- Two current letters of recommendation
- Results of a language proficiency assessment, if applicable
- Copy of initial or professional license in English as a Second Language
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Millers Analogies Test (MAT) scores, or passing of appropriate MTELs
International5070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 169 USD per credit during 12 months.
National5070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 169 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Worcester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.