As a leader in the field, we offer the only industrial/organizational psychology program in the Boston area. Our innovative program draws upon the Bertolon School of Business and the College of Arts and Sciences to incorporate both case-based method of instruction and a strong emphasis on structured quantitative research. Our curriculum follows the guidelines developed by the Society for Industrial/Organizational Psychology for master’s degree programs in I/O psychology, which is the dominant professional society.
The Master of Science in Industrial and Organizational Psychology curriculum is designed according to the guidelines developed by the Society for Industrial/Organizational Psychology for master’s degree programs in I/O Psychology. Our 42 credit program at Salem State University consists of 9 core courses including a customized internship that provides real-world experience in areas such as corporate performance, personnel testing and human resources; and 5 electives with specializations in either human resources or organizational development.
Salem State University's mission is to provide a high quality, student-centered education that prepares a diverse community of learners to contribute responsibly and creatively to a global society, and serve as a resource to advance the region's cultural, social and economic development.
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Management Theory and Application
- Statistics and Data Analysis For I/O Psychology
- Research in Organizations
- Internship in Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Ethical Issues in Business
- Legal and Ethical Environment
- Philosophical Foundations of Psychology
- Theories of Personality
- Perspectives on Adulthood and Old Age
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Applications accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed once complete.
DisciplinesPsychology Organisational Behaviour Cognitive Sciences View 163 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Official transcript or transcript evaluation
- Three references
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) scores, taken within the last five years. Those who already hold a master's degree or higher are exempt from this requirement. Review complete testing information.
- English Proficiency, if applicable for international applicants
- Statement of purpose
International20754 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10377 USD per semester during 24 months.
National20754 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10377 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State17514 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8757 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Salem
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.