Educational leadership involves working with teachers, parents, students, and public policy makers to improve the quality of education and the education system. Educational leaders are often employed as school principals, deans, department chairs, or other administrative and leadership roles.
Who Is the Master’s in Educational Leadership Designed For?
The Educational Leadership degree at Cambridge College supports career advancement for currently licensed practitioners in P-12 settings with at least three years of employment in a Massachusetts-approved school or district. The Principal/Assistant Principal license (PK-8 or 5-12) is for those seeking to lead schools. The non-licensure option is designed for seasoned professionals in educational settings or agencies that do not require the Massachusetts license.
Educational Leadership Jobs
Graduates typically pursue leadership or policy-related positions in P-12 schools.
Those in the Principal/Assistant Principal option typically become school leaders or pursue management positions in education-related organizations and agencies.
Those in the non-licensure option typically lead private or charter schools and later return to pursue licensure through the CAGS program in order to pursue further advancement in public schools and districts.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Legal Aspects of School Administration
- Finance and Business Administration for the School Administrator
- Selection, Development, and Supervision of Educational Personnel
- Curriculum Development, Assessment & Improvement for the School Admin
- Contemporary Issues and Topics in Educational Administration
- Reconceptualization of Schools for School Administrators
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
A completed application must be received within enough time for students to receive the i20 and arrive in the U.S. prior to the term start-date.
- Credits for Licensure: 31-33
DisciplinesEducation Management Studies Teaching View 2553 other Masters in Management Studies in United States
- Official transcript
- Earned bachelor’s degree with 3.0 GPA required.
- International transcripts must be translated and evaluated by an approved agency.
- Current Résumé
- Personal Statement - Write a two-page, typed, double-spaced essay (500 words) describing your professional experience, your goals and objectives for graduate study and for educator licensure.
- Two Professional Recommendations
- MA Educator Documentation from the Massachusetts Dept. of Elementary and Secondary Education (ESE) website.
- Required for entry:
- Massachusetts Educator Personnel ID (MEPID number).
- MTEL Communication & Literacy Test, successfully completed.
- Official demonstration of English language proficiency
- Supplemental documentation for issuance of I-20
International9456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 591 USD per credit during 24 months.
National9456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 591 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.