The Autism Specialist program from Cambridge College offers opportunities to personalize your learning and flexible study options for working professionals who want to become specialists in autism.
This program is designed for experienced teachers and para-professionals, to enhance their working knowledge of the field. It also provides opportunities to explore new professional opportunities working with individuals with autism. This is not a licensure program and does not lead to Board Certified Behavior Analyst® (BCBA®) certification.
Autism Specialist Jobs
Autism behavior specialists work in a wide range of educational settings as teachers, school therapists, student aides, and other professional roles. In addition to working directly with special needs students, autism specialists may also conduct assessments, submit recommendations, and develop individualized care or education plans.
- Assistive Technology: Modifying the Curriculum for Diverse Learners
- Autism: History, Prevalence, Diagnosis and Characteristics
- Laws and Regulations Pertaining to Special Education
- Theories of Typical and Atypical Human Development
- Assessment and Appraisal Process -ASD
- Behavior Management- ASD
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
A completed application must be received within enough time for students to receive the i20 and arrive in the U.S. prior to the term start-date.
DisciplinesEducation Communication Studies Special Education View 3578 other Masters in Education in United States
- Earned bachelor’s degree required.
- International transcripts must be translated and evaluated by an approved agency.
- Current Résumé
- Personal Statement - Write a two-page, typed, double-spaced essay (500 words) describing your professional experience, your goals and objectives for graduate study and for educator licensure.
- Two Professional Recommendations
- Official demonstration of English language proficiency
- Supplemental documentation for issuance of I-20
International18321 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 591 USD per credit during 12 months.
National18321 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 591 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.