At School Counseling offered by the Indiana University of Pennsylvania you will be trained to provide career awareness, personal development, decision-making, interpersonal communications, educational planning, and community involvement.
A series of counseling skills courses, including practicums at the elementary school and secondary school levels, will give you a strong preparation for pre-K-12 commonwealth certification. You'll also complete a 600-hour field experience under the supervision of a certified school counselor.
The hallmark of this program is its philosophy based on the developmental approach to school counseling. Children and youth learn best when they are given the opportunity to increase self-awareness and develop those life skills that contribute to an understanding and utilization of self in all life experiences.
Students at School Counseling offered by the Indiana University of Pennsylvania will:
- Work in both public and private schools with in-depth clinical experience in individual and group counseling.
- Guide students from kindergarten through high school who experience mental health issues.
- Master individual and group counseling methods that allow you to have a lasting positive impact on growing minds and hearts.
- Expand your options to consider college admissions counseling, career counseling, private practice, and consulting.
- Pursue a doctoral degree in counselor education, school psychology, or counseling psychology.
The program is accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP) and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- Elements of Research
- Counseling Children
- Counseling Across the Life-Span
- Counseling Skills
- Multicultural & Diversity Issues in Counseling
- Professional School Counseling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation School Counselling View 556 other Masters in School Counselling in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official transcripts from every college or university you’ve attended, even if you didn’t earn a degree there.
- Goal statement that describes your career and academic goals.
- Letters of recommendation, which you can request through your admissions profile.
International23220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 774 USD per credit during 24 months.
National23220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 774 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State15480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 516 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Indiana
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.