This pre-experience MSc Finance is ranked 19th worldwide, 17th in Europe and 7th in France by the Financial Times.
Understand the Strategic Impacts of Financial Decisions
The program covers the fundamentals of finance, as well as advanced topics in corporate finance, financial management, and financial markets.
Develop Your Financial and Soft Skills
Its aim is to provide students with strong technical and analytical skills in the principles and application of finance, as well as solid industry knowledge and multicultural exposure.
Prepare your Career in the Sector of Finance
The MSc Finance prepares students for careers in the financial sector such as investment and commercial banking, asset management, financial services and consulting, or for corporate finance positions within international companies at a managerial level.
The program provides an excellent preparation for the Chartered Financial Analysts® (CFA) exams, as it is based on the CFA® Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK) and is part of the CFA® University Affiliation program. It also covers related fields such as management control systems, economics, corporate governance, and private equity investment. Students on the program also benefit from access to the Fitch Learning online CFA® preparation platform for the CFA® exam level 1.
Why Choose the MSc Finance Program?
- Learn about both market and corporate finance from an international perspective.
- Access cutting-edge learning facilities, like the Bloomberg trading room on our Grenoble campus.
- Learn valuable intercultural skills while studying in an international and multicultural environment.
- Tailor your education to your professional goals with a selection of specializations.
- Earn your degree from a triple-accredited institution.
- The MSc Finance is recognized by the French Ministry of Labor under the name of "Manager Financier" (Financial Manager). France Compétences, Level 7 – EQF
- Grenoble Ecole de Management is in the top 1% in the world of business schools to hold triple accreditation: AMBA, AACSB and EQUIS
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Duration: Regular Track (Grenoble): 2 years (7 months on campus + 3 to 6 months internship each year). Short Track (all campuses): 1 year (7 months on campus + 3 to 6 months internship)
Year 1: Core Courses
- Corporate Finance
- Quantitative Methods for Finance
- Accounting and Financial Statements Analysis
- Algorithmics and Financial Modelling
- Financial Markets
- Foreign language (optional)
- Management Control Systems
- Digital Transformation in Finance
- International Financial Management
- Introduction to Research
- Professional Certification
Year 2: Specialisation
- Induction Case Study•
- Company Valuation
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Fundamentals of Ethics and ESG
- Advanced Financial Markets
- Asset management
- Private Equity, LBOs and Venture Capital
- Foreign Language (optional)
- Specialisation 1: Quantitative Finance
- Specialisation 2: Investment Banking & Financial Advisory
- Specialisation 3: Sustainable Finance
Classes are taught by GEM faculty, visiting professors from top universities worldwide, and top business professionals. Most of the permanent faculty are engaged in applied research; their teaching links theory to practice through business cases. Their diverse cultural and international background lends a strong international dimension to the program.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Rolling application deadlines. Please visit the website for details.
DisciplinesFinance International Business Master in Management (MIM) View 21 other Masters in Master in Management (MIM) in France
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Grenoble School of Management and/or in your country of interest, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Official copy of latest degree or diploma or certificate of enrollment with an approximate graduation date
- University transcripts: front/back with grading scale
- 3 short essays (relating to your academic/professional experience, your reasons for choosing this program and your intercultural awareness)
- 2 academic or professional references. Family members or friends are not acceptable as referees
- Scan of passport
- Passport picture
- A test score of your quantitative abilities (GMAT, GRE, or CFA Level 1 Exam) or a waiver request (see website for requirement)
- Fluency in English (see website for requirements)
- Please note that short track students have additional requirements (see website)
Work experience is not compulsory, but an internship in finance before starting the program is recommended.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26000 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA13000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26000 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Regular track (per year): 13 000 € (Grenoble Campus)
Short Track (full program): 19 000 € (Grenoble, Paris and Singapore Campus)
Living costs for Grenoble
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
GEM offers a dedicated online platform - The Funding Place - to help you find financing solutions, simulate a student loan and understand everything about student loans.Please note that it is necessary to submit your application and secure a place on a program first, before applying for scholarships and visas.
International GEM scholarships offers can be found here : https://en.grenoble-em.com/scholarships-funding-your-program
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.