In our Elementary Education - Urban Initiative Program at Lesley University Initiative teacher residency program, you’ll spend just over a year working full-time in an urban Boston-area school. At the same time, you'll take online and face-to-face coursework. Some courses will take place at the school site, resulting in cost savings. You'll finish with a master’s degree and an initial teaching license in elementary education (1–6).
Plus, you’ll gain the preparation you need to apply for an English as a Second Language (ESL) license.
At Lesley, we provide you with opportunities for field experiences that prepare you for your own classroom.
During your residency year, you’ll be a full participant in school life. Courses will cover elementary subject areas, curriculum development, classroom management, literacy, and teaching students with diverse needs. There’s nothing like direct classroom experience, which makes this program so valuable. You’ll gain a year’s worth of knowledge in how to teach in a bilingual or multilingual elementary classroom. You can apply new skills and knowledge and immediately, and finish your program more than ready to teach in your own classroom. In fact, employers in Massachusetts prefer to hire Lesley graduates, saying that they are best prepared to enter the classroom on day one.
- Teaching Elementary School Mathematics
- Literacy and Literature: Methods and Materials (1-6)
- STEM in the Elementary School: Thinking with Evidence
- Integrating Social Studies into the Elementary Classroom
- Constructing Mathematical Understanding for Number Theory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 4292 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official SAT/ACT test scores (without essay) will be required for applicants to the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and for applicants to both undergraduate colleges
- Students applying to BFA programs in the College of Art and Design must also submit a digital portfolio of 12-20 pieces.
- If you are dually enrolled in college coursework or simply taking some college level classes, you may submit official college transcripts electronically through a variety of secure sites such as, but not limited to; Parchment, Credential Solutions, E-Scrip Safe, Clearinghouse, Naviance/Common Application, JST Services
International19500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 650 USD per credit during 12 months.
National19500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 650 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.