Studying here will bring out your artistic best. You’ll study art education, new media, fundamentals of visual art, art history, strategies for teaching a diverse student body, and more. Through studio art courses, you’ll also develop your own artistic skills. At the end of your program, you’ll complete a research project with a field component that will ground the research in teaching within multiple contexts that include classroom, school, and community.
You’ll develop the skills needed to create an arts-rich, vibrant classroom where students think and learn through the creative process, and put those skills to the test in student teaching experiences.
At the end of your Art Education program at Lesley University, you’ll emerge equipped with what you need to inspire your students to embrace visual art—and you’ll have an Initial Teacher License in Teacher of Visual Art at either the PreK-8 or 5-12 level. And you'll graduate knowing that you have the degree you need to land the career you're passionate about. That's because employers in Massachusetts prefer to hire Lesley graduates, saying that they are best prepared to enter the classroom on day one.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Teaching the Fundamental Elements of Visual Art
- Arts and Human Development
- Interactive New Media
- Integrated Arts Strategies for Inclusive Settings
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Teaching View 1065 other Masters in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official SAT/ACT test scores (without essay) will be required for applicants to the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and for applicants to both undergraduate colleges
- Students applying to BFA programs in the College of Art and Design must also submit a digital portfolio of 12-20 pieces.
- If you are dually enrolled in college coursework or simply taking some college level classes, you may submit official college transcripts electronically through a variety of secure sites such as, but not limited to; Parchment, Credential Solutions, E-Scrip Safe, Clearinghouse, Naviance/Common Application, JST Services
International650 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 650 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National650 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 650 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.