Pursue an Visual Arts that’s rigorous yet individually tailored for the 21st century artist. Over a two year period, the interdisciplinary focus of the program allows you to craft a course of study that integrates creative work into your daily life. Flexible enough to mold as your interests evolve, our program—one of the oldest and most established low-residency MFAs in the country—will help you advance your art practice and develop necessary skills for a career in the arts.
Each January and June, you'll participate in 10-day residencies within a supportive arts community of diverse faculty and students. An immersion of critique, seminars, visiting artist talks, and exhibitions, the residency experience is catalyst for the development of your critical dialogue and personal vision. And our new Lunder Arts Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts, a center of academia and the arts, gives you access to a vibrant arts culture.
Each individual residency at Lesley University is connected by a semester of academic advising from our MFA program faculty, as well as mentored independent studio work. Working with a local artist mentor over the entire semester, you'll be exposed to new feedback and conversations about your art, while gaining access to an arts community in your region.
- All students work in their community in their own studios with a local an artist mentor who has expertise in the student’s discipline.
- Occasionally students elect to travel to work with an artist who does not reside in the student's local area.
- The artist mentor is a practicing artist or teacher for whom the student has an affinity. This mentor must be approved by LUCAD. The student, in conjunction with their MFA faculty advisor at LUCAD, devises a scope of work to be accomplished over the course of the semester.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 793 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official SAT/ACT test scores (without essay) will be required for applicants to the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and for applicants to both undergraduate colleges
- Students applying to BFA programs in the College of Art and Design must also submit a digital portfolio of 12-20 pieces.
- If you are dually enrolled in college coursework or simply taking some college level classes, you may submit official college transcripts electronically through a variety of secure sites such as, but not limited to; Parchment, Credential Solutions, E-Scrip Safe, Clearinghouse, Naviance/Common Application, JST Services
International19500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 650 USD per credit during 12 months.
National19500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 650 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.