Photography at Lesley University has become amorphous. As it shifts and evolves in contemporary practice, it escapes a static definition. This is the premise on which we designed our MFA program.
Embrace the medium’s transformation, and view image making not as a single area of study, but as the integration of photography with traditional studio practices and digital and light-based media. Explore traditional and alternative practices, new technology, and contemporary media. Access world-class facilities, resources, and a renowned core and visiting artist/scholar faculty. Guide photography’s future.
Grounded in seminars and critical discourse, professional studies, and concentrated studio practice, the MFA in Photography and Integrated Media curriculum is primarily self-designed and encourages individualization and experimentation.
Explore the historical, cultural, and contemporary nuances of photography and its relationships and integration to traditional media, culture, and critical studies. Through rigorous study, enhance your understanding of photographic art traditions while developing the necessary tools and expertise to continuously flex, refine, and evolve within your personal artistic vision.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Photography as a Cultural Practice
- Graduate Studio Seminar and Critical Studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 211 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official SAT/ACT test scores (without essay) will be required for applicants to the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and for applicants to both undergraduate colleges
- Students applying to BFA programs in the College of Art and Design must also submit a digital portfolio of 12-20 pieces.
- If you are dually enrolled in college coursework or simply taking some college level classes, you may submit official college transcripts electronically through a variety of secure sites such as, but not limited to; Parchment, Credential Solutions, E-Scrip Safe, Clearinghouse, Naviance/Common Application, JST Services
International840 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 840 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National840 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 840 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.