- This Mental Health Counseling at Becker College carefully structured training program prepares graduates for professional success, responsible citizenship, and lifelong learning in the field of mental health counseling. Students in the program acquire professional experience and training through a series of practicum and internships that align with the courses completed. A unique feature of the program is the Counselor Training Clinic at Becker College, where graduate students provide counseling services to the community under the direct supervision of licensed mental health professionals.
- The learning goals of the MA in MHC are closely aligned with the objectives outlined by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP). These objectives require common core curricular experiences and demonstrated knowledge in each of eight (8) common core curricular areas required of all students in the program.
Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), and meets all pre-master's requirements for licensure as a mental health counselor (LMHC) in Massachusetts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Therapeutic Interaction
- Human Growth and Development in Counseling
- Consultation Team
- Professional Orientation and Ethical Practice
- Social Emotional Learning and Mental Health
- DBT Skills Group, Behavioral Analysis and Exposure
- Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
- Counseling Practicum
- Principles and Methods of Assessment
- Co-Occurring Disorders: Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
- Social and Cultural Diversity Issues in Counseling
- Group Approaches in Mental Health Counseling
- Career Counseling and Development
- Research methods and Program Evaluation in Mental Health
- Research Practicum I
- Research Practicum II
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Counselling View 866 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Becker College welcomes international students and believes that diversity as a community is a strength that should be celebrated. Our small class sizes, New England campus locations, and welcoming and caring atmosphere make Becker College a great place to study in the United States.
- Becker College classifies a non-immigrant student as an international applicant. This type of student does not hold U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Residency (U.S. Resident Alien) and needs a visa to study in the United States. This includes students who are living and/or studying outside the U.S. and students who are living and/or studying in the U.S. at the time of their application for admission.
International640 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 640 USD per credit during 24 months.
National640 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 640 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Worcester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.