Through our graduate program in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - School and Community Counseling Specialization at Lesley University, you’ll work with children and adolescents, as well as their families, to build an environment of respect, cooperation, and support.
At Lesley, we recognize the importance of regarding schools and communities as ideal places to promote growth, healing, and social change. You’ll benefit from our ongoing partnerships with public schools in the Boston area, and also from our reputation among principals and districts as New England’s largest and most respected provider of teacher education.
Here, you’ll receive training that integrates school counseling with mind-body behavioral health, trauma studies, and social justice advocacy. As you gain the skills to guide youth toward personal and academic goals, you’ll learn to recognize multiple worldviews and the power of connection in the context of learning and counseling.
Choose to specialize in adjustment counseling or guidance counseling, and complete two internships in schools within Lesley’s extensive network. You’ll graduate prepared for professional licensure and ready to make a meaningful difference in students’ lives.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Group Dynamics for Counselors and Consultants
- Developmental Psychology Across the Lifespan
- Clinical Skills and the Counseling Process
- Vocational Development and Career Counseling
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCounselling Clinical Psychology View 235 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official SAT/ACT test scores (without essay) will be required for applicants to the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and for applicants to both undergraduate colleges
- Students applying to BFA programs in the College of Art and Design must also submit a digital portfolio of 12-20 pieces.
- If you are dually enrolled in college coursework or simply taking some college level classes, you may submit official college transcripts electronically through a variety of secure sites such as, but not limited to; Parchment, Credential Solutions, E-Scrip Safe, Clearinghouse, Naviance/Common Application, JST Services
International1190 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1190 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1190 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1190 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.