In addition to hands-on fieldwork experiences in actual classrooms, you'll explore key concepts of successful educational practice, including literacy, curriculum development and lesson planning, classroom management strategies, psycho-educational assessment, creating individualized lesson plans (IEPs) and techniques to adapt and differentiate lessons for different learners.
As a student in the Curry College M.Ed. Program, you will be part of a cohort group. That means that the same students will be in all of your classes for the entire program, start to finish. Cohort group learning has proven to be very effective for adult learners because it creates a community of professionals who can study together, provide support, discuss common on-the-job problems, and offer networking opportunities.
The program offers two licences:
- Licence of Education in Elementary Education
- Licence of Education in Special Education
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Children, Society, and Education
- Fundamentals of Teaching
- Literacy and Language Arts
- Inquiry-Based Instruction
- Teaching Exceptional Children
- 21 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation View 4301 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Sealed, official Bachelor's Degree transcripts sent to Curry College directly from the Institution
- Your current resume
- A 2-3 page personal statement that describes your interest in becoming a teacher, what strengths you will bring to the M.Ed. program, any challenges you may face while in the program, and relevant life experience that may have influenced your career choice
- Two letters of recommendation: one from an individual who has supervised you in a paid or volunteer work setting and one from an individual who is in a position to evaluate your potential for graduate education
- A copy of your passing scores on the Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure (MTEL) Communication and Literacy Skills Test (CLST)
- A copy of your score on the MTEL General Curriculum Mathematics Subtest
- An interview with the Graduate Director set up upon submission of all application materials
International10821 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18938 USD for the full programme during 21 months.
National10821 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18938 USD for the full programme during 21 months.
Living costs for Milton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.