The M.S. in Education program offered by the Western Connecticut State University empowers students to attain the highest standards of academic achievement, personal development, and ethical conduct.
Candidates in our teacher education program must achieve the following objectives:
- Demonstrate academic competence in their selected option;
- Complete a general program of studies in education in addition to a recommended content option;
- Value and infuse cultural diversity;
- Demonstrate a proficiency in and working knowledge of the national and state standards;
- Demonstrate a spirit of inquiry, the use of critical thinking skills, and the habits of the reflective practitioner, and;
- Demonstrate the ability to appropriately incorporate the use of technology in instructional practices.
The mission of the Masters of Science in Education program is to provide for certified teachers the knowledge, skills, and dispositions appropriate for the advanced professional in education.
- Curriculum Leadership in the Elementary School
- Curriculum Leadership in the Secondary School
- Measurement and Evaluation
- Educational Research
- Curriculum Development Using Instructional Technology
- Capstone Project in Education
- Contemporary Educational Issues
- Teaching Children with Learning Disabilities
- Differentiating Instruction
- Educational Computer Simulations
- Urban Education Experiences
- Learning, Coaching, and Reflective Practice
- Standards, Mandates, and Legal Issues in Teaching
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Management Studies View 4368 other Masters in Education in United States
- Application for admission to the Office of Graduate Admissions and a $50 application fee.
- One official transcript mailed (not hand-delivered) to the Office of Graduate Admissions from each college or university previously attended, including all earned grades and degree. (For initial nonmatriculating enrollment, an unofficial transcript indicating a 3.0 undergraduate grade point average (GPA) or higher and the baccalaureate degree will suffice.)
- A copy of a valid teaching certificate in elementary and/or secondary education
- Evidence of an earned baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- After all of the materials indicated above have been submitted, the applicant should contact the program coordinator for an interview
International26476 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13238 USD per semester during 12 months.
National26476 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13238 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State13252 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6626 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Danbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.