Program Learning Objective
- The Western Connecticut State University's objective is to provide an exciting and relevant curriculum specifically designed for students who are secondary school teachers, college graduates preparing for careers in college teaching, or professionals from outside the academic world who value the intellectual challenge afforded by the serious study history.
- Through our required comprehensive examination and our MA in History thesis option, students will demonstrate a mastery of a body of advanced secondary literature, a mastery over key events and figures, and an ability to answer key questions in innovative ways appropriate to their specific track and chosen field of study within history.
- New York City: Its History and Culture
- Readings in American History to 1877
- Readings in American History Since 1877
- Readings in European History to 1500
- Readings in European History since 1500
- Fascism: Revolution or Counterrevolution
- The French Revolution
- The American Revolution
- Origins of World War
- Islam in International Affairs
- African-American History and Culture
- The Civil War Era
- America in the Sixties
- America in the 1950s
- Islamic Intellectual History
- Conflict in the Modern Middle East
- Approaches to World History
- U.S. Immigration History
- U.S. Urban History
- Colonial North America
- The Early American Republic
- History of the American South
- Chinese Thought and Religion
- China in the Twentieth Century
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History View 696 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
- A completed graduate admission application form and fee.
- Official transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate courses and degrees.
- A statement of purpose, two to four pages, typed and double-spaced. The statement should describe the applicant’s relevant past experience, academic and career goals, and interest in the M.A. in History program.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who can effectively assess the applicant’s general academic potential.
- Acceptance by the History Graduate Admissions Committee.
International26476 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13238 USD per semester during 24 months.
National26476 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13238 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State13252 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6626 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Danbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.