Program Learning Outcomes
By the end of their M.A. in English program offered by the Western Connecticut State University, students should be able to engage effectively in:
- Demonstrating familiarity with a wide range of representative literary texts
- Analyzing the functions of texts and related criticisms, as well as their relationships to historical, social and political contexts
- Locating, evaluating, and synthesizing available resources for researching significant scholarly topics
- Constructing logical, informed, and valid written arguments
- Preparing and delivering effective oral presentations and arguments appropriate to English-related professions
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Studies in the History of the Language and Linguistics
- English literature
- American Literature
- Critical Theory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature View 457 other Masters in Literature in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants to the M.A. in English program must hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education. In general, students who have completed a substantial number of credits in English at the undergraduate level will receive preference for admission to the program; however, the M.A. in English program welcomes applicants from diverse educational backgrounds. Applicants with other undergraduate concentrations or majors will be considered. In all cases, a record of strong undergraduate academic achievement will merit preference over any other criterion for admission.
Prospective students for the Literature Option must include the following in their application:
- a 500-word statement of purpose explaining why they want to pursue graduate studies in English
- a writing sample, i.e., a substantial research essay on a literary topic (approximately 10 pages, typed, double-spaced, printed on 8-1/2-by-11 white bond paper).
International26476 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13238 USD per semester during 12 months.
National26476 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13238 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State13252 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6626 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Danbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.