Earth and Planetary Sciences students at the Western Connecticut State University form a select group of capable, patient, motivated people who study the origin, structure, and evolution of the Sun, Earth and other stars and planets, as well as the processes that formed and modified them. These studies are done with instrumentation (data gathering) during local work and field trips, and with computers (data analysis, including mathematical models).
Opportunities for students:
- Observatory internships
- Planetarium show development and production
- Science exhibit development
- Independent research projects
- Research at the National Undergraduate Research Observatory (NURO) in Flagstaff, Arizona
- Presentation and publication of research
- Interaction with other science students and faculty at conferences
- Astronomy Club
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Physical Oceanography
- Planetary Physics
- Physical Geology
- Independent Thesis Research in Earth & Planetary Sciences
- Meteorology & Weather Systems
- Scientific Methods
- Special Topics in Earth & Planetary Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Astronomy & Space Sciences View 66 other Masters in Astronomy & Space Sciences in United States
For admission to the M.A. program, a student must have received an earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a combined undergraduate GPA of at least 2.5 and:
- A minimum of 45 semester hours in the sciences and mathematics, including 6 – 8 semester hours in three of the following disciplines: astronomy, biology, chemistry, computer sciences, earth sciences, geology, mathematics, meteorology, oceanography and physics. Deficiencies may be rectified by taking undergraduate courses while taking graduate course work, or;
- students must receive written permission from the physics, astronomy and meteorological graduatecommittee.
International26476 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13238 USD per semester during 24 months.
National26476 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13238 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State13252 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6626 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Danbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.