The Technology Management program at University of the Philippines Diliman has been defined as:
“Management of Technology links engineering, science and management disciplines to plan, to develop, and to implement technological capabilities to shape and accomplish the strategic and operational goals of an organization.”
– U.S. National Research Council (1987)“Technology management addresses the effective identification, selection, acquisition, development, exploitation, and protection of technologies needed to maintain a market position and business performance in accordance with the company’s objective.”
– European Institute of Technology Management (EITM)“Management of Technology is the art & science in creating value by using technology together with other resources of an organization.”– Hans J. Thamhain (2005)“A field of knowledge concerned w/ the setting & implementation of policies to deal w/ technological development & utilization, & the impact of technology on society, organizations, individuals, & nature. It aims to stimulate innovation, create economic growth, & to foster responsible use of technology for the benefit of human-kind.”
– Tarek Khalil (2000)
- Management of R&D
- Financial Analysis for Technology Managers
- Technology Marketing and Commercialization
- Technology Acquisition and Assimilation
- Technology-Based Entrepreneurship
- Strategic Technology Planning
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution of higher learning; GWA at a grade not lower than 3.00, to be set by the unit;
- Intellectual capacity and aptitude for advanced studies and research
- Language proficiency; and
- Satisfaction of additional University requirements such as health clearance and other special admission requirements that may be imposed by the unit concerned and/or appropriate Graduate Committee/ Office.
Living costs for Quezon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.