Academic programs that support applied food biotechnologies, food science technology and food engineering, as well as nutritional biochemistry, can be tailored to meet the thesis or non-thesis needs of graduate students.
As a natural extension of the University’s century-long commitment to food and nutritional studies, the Food Science and Nutrition Science program of Framingham State University is dedicated to the vigorous technical support of food biotechnologies, industrial, and medical sectors of the Commonwealth that will shape the 21st century economy of the region.
The program requires a minimum of ten (10) courses: four (4) core courses, five (5) concentration courses, and one (1) approved elective course; plus undergraduate prerequisite courses required for students without an appropriate academic background. Students may take courses in any sequence subject to the following general requirements:
- Students must have completed all the undergraduate prerequisite courses before registering for core, concentration or elective courses;
- NUTR 903 Advanced Nutrition and Metabolism must be repeated if passed with a grade lower than B- (2.70).
- An oral comprehensive examination is required as the student’s culminating experience.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research and Seminar in Food Science/Nutritional Biochemistry
- Thesis in Food Science/Nutritional Biochemistry
- Human Nutrition Science
- Advanced Nutrition and Metabolism
- Food Analysis
- Food Chemistry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Food Sciences Biochemistry View 318 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
- Complete the online graduate admission application
- Submit the $50.00 application fee
- Have earned a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university, which includes basic courses in biology, chemistry, and mathematics.
- Have a minimum undergraduate quality point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, including acceptable grades in science and mathematics courses taken as an undergraduate.
- Provide two letters of recommendation submitted on the Framingham State University Letter of Recommendation
- Submit a typed, 300-word personal statement discussing their motivation for seeking a master’s degree in view of prior formal education, current job responsibilities, and career plans;
- Submit official test reports for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) which includes verbal and quantitative reasoning and analytical writing. Preferred minimum scores are: 150 verbal; 150 math; 4.0 writing.
International39750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1325 USD per credit during 12 months.
National39750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1325 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Framingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.