What will you do during a Master of Data Science?
- Undertake a specialised introductory data science program in your first study period.
- Build core skills in programming (Python, R, and Julia), mathematics and statistical data science.
- Learn how data science techniques can drive changes in organisations, industries and communities.
- Use data to answer questions in your chosen areas of interest.
- Apply your learning in a significant research project or internship.
How will you study?
This Data Science program at University of Adelaide is able to be studied in either part-time, standard full-time or accelerated mode—enabling you to undertake your studies at a pace and level of commitment that suits you. For further information, see the Degree Structure section.
Where could a Master of Data Science take you?
You might help large or small businesses use data to make more informed decisions in the face of uncertainty. You could analyse data to forecast trends and predict risk in industry, government, or science. Perhaps you’ll come up with innovative big data management systems as a data architect. Whatever you do, you’ll be at the cutting edge of one of the most rapidly-growing fields in the workforce right now.
Database Coordinator, Systems Analyst, Business Analyst, Business Consultant, Business Data Analyst, Computer Scientist, Data Analyst, Data scientist , Scientific Data Analyst, Financial Systems / Computer Analyst, Information Analyst, Information Technologist, Information and Communications Technologist
- Computer Science
- Mathematical Foundations of Data Science
- Data Taming
- Data Science PG
- Human and Ethical Factors in Computer Science
- Data Literacy
- Statistical Machine Learning
- Probability and Statistics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 132 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Australia
- SACE Stage 2: Mathematical Methods . IB: Mathematics(SL grade 4 / HL grade 3) MathTrackX is an online bridging program available as a recognised alternative to Mathematical Methods.
- Successful completion of an Australian year 12 qualification with a minimum pass in an accepted English language subject
International46000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46000 AUD per year during 24 months.
National39000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39000 AUD per year during 24 months.
Australian Full-fee place: $39,000
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.