The Nutrition Education Specialization in School Nutrition Specialist program of Framingham State University is designed for those who wish to fulfill the academic and internship requirements to become a School Nutrition Specialist (SNS). Through this internship student interns will:
- Prepare to assume district level/supervisory positions in school nutrition.
- Understand and assess the nutritional needs of diverse populations, especially of school-aged children at risk and of limited income.
- Provide an environment in which interns can appreciate and perform the variety of tasks required for operating successful school foodservice programs.
- Prepare to communicate effectively in interactions with other professionals and stakeholders.
- Be prepared to sit for the national Nutrition Specialist Credentialing Exam.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Develop effective nutrition education curriculum for a variety of audiences.
- Integrate current science-based nutrition issues into food, nutrition, and wellness policies.
- Design and interpret nutrition education research.
- Select and utilize appropriate technology for nutrition education and foodservice operations.
- Perform the variety of responsibilities for operating successful school nutrition programs.
- Complete the eligibility requirements to sit for the School Nutrition Association’s School Nutrition Specialists Credentialing Exam.
The program requires a minimum of ten (10) graduate courses which include: three (3) education core courses, four (4) nutrition core courses and three (3) specialization elective courses.
A timed online comprehensive examination is required is required as the student’s culminating experience. Additional information about the comprehensive exam and application due dates is available from the program advisor.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Learning and Human Development
- Research Methods in Nutrition
- Nutrition Education Programs and Curricula I: Design
- Contemporary Nutrition Issues for Educators
- Leadership in Excellence in School Nutrition
- Seminar and Practicum in School Nutrition
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Nutrition & Dietetics View 65 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
- Online admission application
- $50.00 application fee
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field includes: food and nutrition, hospitality, education (physical, health, consumer sciences, biology), and nursing. Students with other degrees will be reviewed in the application process
- An official transcript from each college or university attended as an undergraduate or graduate student
- QPA of at least 3.00 on a 4.00 scale including acceptable grades in science courses
- Applicants who do not fulfill the QPA requirement but have a minimum quality point average of 2.80 on a 4.00 scale will be considered for admission after they complete two prerequisite courses at Framingham State University
- Two letters of recommendation
- Applicants must submit a typed, 300-word personal statement discussing their motivation for seeking a master’s degree in view of prior formal education, current job responsibilities, and career plans.
- Personal or phone interview required
International39750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1325 USD per credit during 12 months.
National39750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1325 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.