In addition to individual studio space, students have access to fully equipped fabrication, installation, and exhibition facilities. The 3D (General, Fibers, and Metals) program is offered by Massachusetts College of Art and Design.
- Create one’s own 21st century studio practice based upon one’s own personal vision and imagination. Understand being and artist using life and studio experience, as well as research, to support ideas
- Explore, research and experiment with new media and processes
- Understand a wide range of approaches and methodologies to 3D problem solving
- Develop craftsmanship. Learn to safely use tools, equipment, materials and processes
- Develop a sophisticated understanding of conceptual, symbolic and metaphorical issues
- Understand one’s work in relation to contemporary art and art history
- Develop the ability to critique peers’ work across disciplines and participate in critical dialogue with peers in their fields
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Major Studio
- Graduate Seminar
- Graduate Contemporary Art
- Studio Elective
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications received after the Priority Deadline will be reviewed on a rolling admissions basis.
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Graphic Design View 739 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Form
- $90 Application fee
- Statement of Purpose: A one-to-two page statement describing your reasons for applying to MassArt, the Master of Architecture program and the planned direction of your future work. Note any recent developments that support your decision to apply.•
- Resume: List professional accomplishments including exhibitions and awards, as well as professional or other activities that convey a sense of your commitment to a life in the arts.
- Post-Secondary/College Transcripts (unofficial copies): Submit transcripts of all previous college level academic work. Transcripts must be translated into English for review.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
International24000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 800 USD per credit during 24 months.
National24000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 800 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.