We offer a master degree in Art at Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Highly selective, rigorous, and the most fun three years of your life (to date), this program will engage your creativity and surround you with a highly energetic and accessible faculty.
Your time will culminate in a written thesis along with an exhibition of your most mature and relevant artwork. It won't be easy, but in the end you will take your art to a new level.
As a student you will:
- Develop verbally and visually articulate expressions
- Study contemporary culture in the contexts of art history, art theory and criticism, writing, and exhibition
- Engage is rigorous critiques from a range of artists from different disciplines in our unique graduate studio critique
- Spend hundreds, maybe thousands of hours on your art in your own individual studio
- Have an opportunity to participate in one of the Department of Art's International Exchange programs
More informationVisit official programme website
Choose from these areas of study:
- Painting - Engage in contemporary approaches and ideas relevant to the medium while cognizant of its masterful traditions and techniques
- Drawing - Explore in depth the idea and methods that stimulate conceptual and technical refinement
- Jewelry and Metals - Work in a wide variety of traditional and contemporary techniques specific to the discipline
- Ceramics - Experiment and refine within our newly renovated ceramics studio
- Sculpture - Innovate and shape the physical world in response to life around you
- Wood Turning and Furniture Design - Develop your talents and skills in our remarkable Wood Center
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 522 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- Official transcripts from every college or university you’ve attended, even if you didn’t earn a degree there.
- Goal statement that describes your career and academic goals.
- Letters of recommendation, which you can request through your admissions profile.
International774 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 774 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
National774 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 774 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
In-State516 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 516 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.