The Art MA Studio Track at Indiana University of Pennsylvania is a practice-oriented degree offered on campus and designed for full-time students. Assistantships are available.
This master’s degree program builds on the studio experience you have gained through your BA, BFA, or BSEd degree, guiding the development of your talents and skills while adding to your career credentials.
In this Art Master’s Degree program, you can increase your competitiveness for admission to an MFA program. Your skills and portfolio will grow stronger through the emphasis on artistic expression in created works.
You can also enhance your career opportunities by becoming eligible to teach at some community colleges and art centers. Through the Art MA Studio Track program, you can immerse yourself in a studio practice and establish yourself as a producing, professional artist/teacher.
What You’ll Do in this Program
- Get input from a range of artists from different disciplines in our unique graduate studio critique.
- Learn about the precepts of contemporary fine art aesthetics and professional practices directed toward the creation of works of art.
- Develop an MA studio project, culminating in an MA exhibition.
- Work on your art in your own individual studio.
- Enjoy our on-campus museums, the expansive Robertshaw sculpture facilities, and Sprowls Hall, our four-story art building with multiple studios and classrooms.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graduate Studio in Jewelry and Metal Work
- Graduate Studio in Ceramics
- Graduate Studio in Sculpture
- Graduate Studio in Oil Painting
- Graduate Studio in Drawing
- Graduate Studio in Woodworking
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 744 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official transcripts from every college or university you’ve attended, even if you didn’t earn a degree there.
- Goal statement that describes your career and academic goals.
- Letters of recommendation, which you can request through your admissions profile.
International23220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 774 USD per credit during 12 months.
National23220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 774 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State15480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 516 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Indiana
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.