Students apply theory in their courses as they complete projects designed to help them to synthesize literacy skills related to teaching, assessing, collecting, and analyzing data while designing programs to meet individual and group needs.
At the completion of the Reading Specialist program at American International College, the candidate in the Reading Specialist Program will:
- Possess a firm knowledge of the broad foundations of literacy, including the sociolinguistic fundamentals of reading and writing processes and instruction, research, and methodology.
- Be able to utilize a wide range of instructional practices and curriculum materials to support reading and writing instruction, including technology-based practices and children’s literature to meet the needs of diverse students.
- Understand and use diverse diagnostic tools and assessment data to plan, evaluate, and revise effective instruction that meets the needs of all students, including those at different developmental stages and those from differing cultural and linguistic backgrounds. In addition, candidates will be able to communicate results of assessments to students, parents, colleagues, and the broader community.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Developmental Reading
- Speech and Language Development
- Specialized Practices in Reading
- Advanced Analysis of Reading and Language Arts
- Effective Literacy Coaching Strategies to Improve Student Achievement
- Organization, Administration, and Supervision of Reading Program
- Teaching Language Arts and the Writing Process
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Literature View 835 other Masters in Languages in United States
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended are required (regardless of whether or not a degree was earned), including proof of a baccalaureate degree. Transcripts from institutions outside the United States must receive a course by course credit evaluation through a recognized service. AIC accepts evaluations from all active members associated with NACES. For more information please visit: naces.org
- Two letters of recommendation. It is preferred that one letter be from an immediate supervisor
- Passage of the Communication and Literacy Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure (MTEL) for admission into a licensure track
- Copy of License
- Proof of teaching for a minimum of one year at time of application
International6585 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 439 USD per credit during 24 months.
National6585 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 439 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Springfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.