Childhood Special Education (Grades 1-6) applicants at State University of New York at New Paltz with initial certification in Childhood Education 1-6 will complete 36 credit hours of course work. Upon successful completion of the program, teacher candidates are eligible for NYS Education Department initial certification in Childhood Special Education 1-6.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Educating Special Learners
- Educational Assessment of Learners with Disabilities
- Teaching Math, Science and Technology in Inclusive Classrooms
- Research in Special Education
- Literacy and Social Studies Instruction for Childhood Learners with Disabilities
- Learning Environments for Childhood Learners with Disabilities
- Practicum in Childhood Special Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 727 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Evidence of initial certification in Childhood Education 1-6.
- One official transcript of all undergraduate and graduate work providing evidence of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- Satisfactory performance on Graduate Record Exam (GRE).
- Describe your personal and professional experience that led you to apply to the New Paltz Special Education program.
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New Paltz
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.