The Special Education - Adolescence Special Education (Grades 7-12) Program from State University of New York at New Paltz consists of at least 32 credit hours and leads to the Students with Disabilities Generalist 7-12 certificate. This NYS certificate requires that candidates have 6 credit hours in each of the following content areas: English, social studies, science, and math. Students who are deficient in any of these credits must fulfill them before graduation from the Adolescence Special Education master’s program.
Students who enter the Adolescence Special Education Program with initial certification in a content area will also be recommended for an extension on their Students with Disabilities Generalist 7-12 certification in that content area.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Educational Assessment of Students with Disabilities
- Foundations of Literacy for Adolescent Students with Disabilities
- Fieldwork V: Middle School 7-8
- Literacy Instruction for Adolescent Students with Disabilities
- Instructional Practices in the Content Areas for Adolescent Students with Disabilities
- Tchg. Learners of Culturally/Linguistically Diverse Backgrounds
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 1797 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- One official transcript of all undergraduate and graduate work providing evidence of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- Describe your personal and professional experience that led you to apply to the New Paltz Special Education program.
- Contact information for three references capable of addressing your ability to successfully complete a rigorous graduate program in Special Education.
- Adolescence Education grades 7-12 in one of the following disciplines: Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, Physics, Social Studies, Mathematics, English Language Arts; or
- Languages other than English grades 7-12 or
- Visual Arts Education (all grades), Music Education (all grades), Health Education (all grades), Technology Education (all grades) or Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (all grades)
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New Paltz
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.