Teachers on the middle/secondary level and moderate disabilities (5-12), according to current MA Department of Elementary and Secondary Education regulations, will qualify for professional licensure by earning a master’s degree with 12 graduate credits in their field of knowledge (e.g. biology) and three years of successful teaching under their Initial license. Such teachers may transfer into the AIC professional program graduate credits in their field in lieu of credits in advanced reading and/or in STEM Education and will apply individually to the state for their license upon completion. Please see below for more specifics. Teachers who already hold a Professional License are welcome to apply to this program for the degree only.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advanced Developmental Reading
- Teaching Language Arts and the Writing Process
- Specialized Practices in Reading
- STEM Education in the 21st Century
- Applications of Technology in the Classroom
- Diagnostic Teaching
- Issues of Urban Education
- Professional Seminar I
- Professional Seminar II
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 333 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United States
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended are required (regardless of whether or not a degree was earned), including proof of a baccalaureate degree. Transcripts from institutions outside the United States must receive a course by course credit evaluation through a recognized service. AIC accepts evaluations from all active members associated with NACES. For more information please visit: naces.org
- Two letters of recommendation
- A personal statement highlighting why you wish to pursue your MSAT and how you will benefit personally and professionally from this programs.
International920 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 920 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National920 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 920 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.