The Early Childhood and Childhood Education program at State University of New York at New Paltz can be completed in 2 years (2 fall semesters, 2 spring, 1 winter, and 1 summer), which includes one semester of full-time student teaching.
Upon graduation, students will receive the Master of Science in Teaching degree and will have completed all academic requirements for initial teaching certification in New York State. Professional certification requires three years, or 540 full-time days, of successful teaching experience at the B-6 grade level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Advanced Child Development
- Content Area Literacy, 1-6
- The Microcomputer as an Educational Tool
- Hudson River Studies
- Integrating Reading, Language Arts and Social Studies in Grades 1-6
- Connecting Mathematics, Science, and Technology in Elementary School
- Foundations of Bilingual/Bicultural Education
- Methods and Materials in Bilingual Education
- Teaching Reading and Language Arts in a Bilingual Setting
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesTeaching Early Childhood Education View 538 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United States
- Candidates for admission to program need to:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree in an approved liberal arts or science area from a regionally accredited institution;1
- Have earned an undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or higher;
- Have completed:
- six college credits of history including American History
- six college credits or the equivalent in a foreign language
- six credits of mathematics at the College Algebra level with a grade of “B” or better
- six credits of English Composition with a grade of “B” or better
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New Paltz
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.