You’ll gain a solid foundation in energy economics, markets and trading, and be able to formulate strategy for fossil fuels, electricity and renewables.
Your studies will encompass energy transportation, especially seaborne and are rounded off with extensive study of finance and financial markets and essential transferrable skills in accounting and IT.
You can complement your core modules with optional modules and, if you wish, an independent research project.
What will you learn
On the Energy, Trade and Finance master’s programme, you will:
- Develop your knowledge and understanding of generation from exhaustible and renewable sources, demand determinants, transportation, trading, pricing and risk.
- Demonstrate a systematic understanding of corporate finance, as well as financial markets, institutions and instruments.
- Understand and critically evaluate current international issues in energy and commodities, finance and trade.
- Formulate decisions in the energy sub-sectors of oil, gas, electricity, involving aspects such as refinery/petrochemical economics, energy transport solutions (pipeline/ship), generation and distribution of electricity, and managing energy risk.
- Analyse factors affecting the energy, finance and commodity trade sectors.
Graduates from the Energy, Trade and Finance course at City, University of London - Bayes Business School are typically employed in positions related to energy, metals and agricultural commodities, shipping/freight operations, finance, consultancy and industry. Types of organisations employing trading houses include:
- Commodity trading houses (e.g. Glencore, Trafigura)
- Oil & gas companies (e.g. Shell, ENI, Total)
- Professional services and specialist consultancy firms (e.g. KPMG, PwC, Wood McKenzie)
- Shipping companies
- Export/Import companies
- This course is accredited by the UK Energy Institute (EI). During the academic year, you have free membership to the EI, receive a free monthly publication and have discounted access to networking events for graduates seeking employment in the energy sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Managerial Accounting
- Principles of Finance
- Quantitative Methods
- Research Methods and Professional Skills
- Energy Economics
- Oil and Energy Transportation and Logistics
- Advanced Quantitative Methods
- Corporate Finance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Sustainable Energy View 856 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A UK upper second class degree or above, or the equivalent from an overseas institution.
- Some level of previous study in finance or quantitative methods is preferred
- Applicants selected by the Admissions panel will be invited to an online interview with the course director.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA26500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.