The Childhood Education - Early Childhood program at State University of New York at New Paltz includes coursework in liberal arts, education content, pedagogy, and research. A feature of the MSEd. Childhood program is a selection of specialization tracks in Early Childhood Education; Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM); and Reading/Literacy.
The program can be completed on a part-time or full-time basis. Upon graduation, students will receive the Master of Science in Education degree and will have completed all academic requirements for professional teacher certification from New York State.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Young Children with Disabilities
- Literacy and Reading Development B-K
- Play: The Foundations of Literacy for Young Children
- Science, Mathematics and Engineering for Young Children
- Children's Literature
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 538 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United States
- Hold a current elementary or childhood teaching certificate from New York State. A copy of this certificate must be submitted as part of the application process. (Note: Students may be accepted into the program "pending" receipt of their teaching certificate if the teaching certificate is being processed by NYSED or if the student is nearing completion of an approved teacher education program.)
- Have earned an undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher;
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New Paltz
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.