The planned outcome of the Early Childhood Education track is the increased understanding and use of the major concepts, principles, theories, and research related to the development of young children, infancy to second grade. Principles and standards of the NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children) serve as a guide for course development and completion.
This Childhood Education 1-6 - Early Childhood Specialization specialization from State University of New York at New Paltz will enhance the student’s understanding of how young children experience and process learning. This specialization will NOT lead to certification as an Early Childhood Education teacher.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Issues in Multicultural Education
- Tchg. Learners of Culturally/Linguistically Diverse Backgrounds
- Education Across Borders:International Ideas and Experience
- Literacy and Language Learners
- Early Childhood Special Education
- Literacy and Reading Development - Birth - Kindergarten
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 3579 other Masters in Education in United States
- Hold a current elementary or childhood teaching certificate from New York State. A copy of this certificate must be submitted as part of the application process. (Note: Students may be accepted into the program "pending" receipt of their teaching certificate if the teaching certificate is being processed by NYSED or if the student is nearing completion of an approved teacher education program.)
- Have earned an undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Complete an admission application using the link above and provide official transcripts of all college/university coursework.
- Submit three letters of recommendation on professional letterhead from professionals addressing the competency of the candidate. At least one letter should come from a professor with whom the candidate has taken undergraduate course work;
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New Paltz
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.