The MA in Education with a concentration of Reading & Language program is housed under Literacy Studies & Elementary Education (LSEE) Department.
Required course work of the Reading and Language program at Sonoma State University focuses on the nature of literacy development and the improvement of classroom curriculum, and methods that emphasize the relationship of reading to other language and concept learning. Teachers, administrators, and curriculum specialists in all areas are encouraged to take elective courses in the graduate program to increase their knowledge of literacy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Language Development in First and Second Languages
- Assessment & Teaching in Reading and Language Arts
- Teaching Multilingual Writers
- Reflective Educator
- Research Paradigms in Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Languages Teaching View 764 other Masters in Languages in United States
- Have completed a four-year college course of study and hold an acceptable baccalaureate degree from an institution accredited by a regional accrediting association;
- Be in good academic standing at the last college or university attended;
- Have attained a grade point average of at least 2.5 (A=4.00) in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units attempted;
- Proof of English proficiency via TOEFL or IELTS examination scores
International9158 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9158 USD per year during 12 months.
National: $2,082 for 1-6 Units/Semester
Living costs for Rohnert Park
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.