The energy business is one whose crucial contribution to the functioning of the world’s economy and its societies is certain to increase in the future. This dynamic, fast-moving and innovative industry provides a range of exciting opportunities for career development and growth across the extractive, processing and petrochemical sectors, for managers, executives and entrepreneurs.
The MBA in Oil and Gas Management at American College Dublin is awarded by the institution under its accreditation with the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. It prepares students for middle and upper-level management leadership responsibilities in the oil and gas industry. The program offers a grounding in the geological and engineering aspects of oil and gas formation and extraction; an understanding of efficient management of extractive oil and gas projects; an awareness of effective operations management in the energy business; an ability to apply systematic economic, financial, political and risk analysis tools to all aspects of the oil and gas industries; and a substantial industry internship in an energy enterprise. Students will undertake an internship and/or a research project either at the end of their full-time studies or during the course if taken on a part-time basis.
Along with academic knowledge that students receive throughout the duration of their chosen subject, students will also acquire and develop transferable career skills from their degree discipline. These skills along with potential career paths are provided below to give you a well-rounded view of what the course has to offer.
These skills include:
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving
- Effective communication skills
- Strategic/critical thinking
- Strong presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Team work
- Interpreting statistical data
- Time management
- Project management
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Leadership and management of business organizations
- International finance and risk
- Business research methods
- Fundamentals of energy
- Energy economics and policy
- Project management in the oil and gas industries
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
There is a late application procedure until 1 May. Students are advised to apply well in advance of the deadlines.
DisciplinesMaster in Business Administration (MBA) Mining, Oil & Gas
- An honours bachelor degree in a cognate discipline is required. If the applicant has an honours bachelor degree in a non-cognate discipline, it will be necessary for the applicant to complete such bridging modules as the Admissions Office deems necessary in order to achieve the prerequisite intended learning outcomes for participation in the programme.
- The length of this bridging programme depends on the amount of prerequisite learning outcomes achieved by the applicant, but normally will not exceed duration of one year.
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.