The program will prepare students for management careers in health care in the private and public sector, including careers in public health, hospitals, long term care, home/community based care and health insurance. The program is also appropriate for those seeking positions in health policy. The curriculum focuses on leadership, trends in health care and policy, health laws and ethics, performance improvement, organizational theory/behavior, health care finance and law. It offers an internship opportunity which will allow students to apply their classroom knowledge in a health care setting.Learning Objectives
Graduates of the MSHCA program will be able to
- Effectively manage health services organizations under alternative financing mechanisms
- Lead and manage others promoting teamwork and excellence in performance in healthcare organizations
- Lead and manage human resources in diverse organizational environments
- Promote and lead quality improvement initiatives in health care organizations
- Manage healthcare organizations with integrity, ethical values and professionalism
- Apply knowledge of healthcare issues and trends, standards and regulations to optimize the delivery of health services
- Promote evidence based practice in health care organizations
- Promote innovation in health care delivery to improve quality and reduce cost
- The curriculum focuses on leadership, trends in health care and policy, health laws and ethics, performance improvement, organizational theory/behavior, health care finance and law.
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health View 802 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- A Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Administration (HCA) or related field for an accredited college or university. Equivalent work experience may be considered for students with a degree in an unrelated field.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate records.
- Completion of the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE). A B.S. degree in HCA or business from Rhode Island College or the University of Rhode Island, with a 3.00 GPA in the major, will exempt the applicant from the GMAT/GRE.
- One professional and one academic reference.
- Completion of courses in Elementary Statistics, Principles of Economics and Introductory Accounting.
International21692 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21692 USD per year and a duration of .
National21692 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21692 USD per year and a duration of .
In-State8929 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8929 USD per year and a duration of .
All full-time graduate students (those taking 9 credit hours or more per semester) pay per credit hour.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.