The Health Care Administration program at Rhode Island College will prepare students for management careers in health care in the private and public sector, including careers in public health, hospitals, long term care, home/community based care and health insurance. The program is also appropriate for those seeking positions in health policy.
The curriculum focuses on leadership, trends in health care and policy, health laws and ethics, performance improvement, organizational theory/behavior, health care finance and law. It offers an internship opportunity which will allow students to apply their classroom knowledge in a health care setting.
Why Rhode Island College?
The curriculum focuses on leadership, performance improvement, organizational theory/behavior, health care finance and law. The program will offer an internship opportunity, which will allow students to apply their classroom knowledge in a health care setting.
Graduates of the MSHCA program will be able to
- Effectively manage health services organizations under alternative financing mechanisms
- Lead and manage others promoting teamwork and excellence in performance in healthcare organizations
- Lead and manage human resources in diverse organizational environments
- Promote and lead quality improvement initiatives in health care organizations
- Manage healthcare organizations with integrity, ethical values and professionalism
- Apply knowledge of healthcare issues and trends, standards and regulations to optimize the delivery of health services
- Promote evidence based practice in health care organizations
- Promote innovation in health care delivery to improve quality and reduce cost
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The curriculum focuses on leadership, trends in health care and policy, health laws and ethics, performance improvement, organizational theory/behavior, health care finance and law.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 1386 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Completed application form accompanied by a $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Administration (HCA) or related field for an accredited college or university. Equivalent work experience may be considered for students with a degree in an unrelated field.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate records.
- Completion of the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE). A B.S. degree in HCA or business from Rhode Island College or the University of Rhode Island, with a 3.00 GPA in the major, will exempt the applicant from the GMAT/GRE.
- A letter of intent including a statement of goals.
- Three professional and/or academic references.
- Completion of courses in Elementary Statistics, Principles of Economics and Introductory Accounting.
International943 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 943 USD per credit during 12 months.
National943 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 943 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State485 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 485 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Providence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.