The program emphasizes a commitment to the complementary relationships between artistic expression; academic knowledge, understanding, and inquiry; and art education. Ultimately, the broad mission of both this M.A. program and the M.A.T. in Art Education program is to further strengthen the knowledge, skills, and dispositions of individuals as art educators and to thereby further strengthen art education practices throughout Rhode Island and beyond our state's borders.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Graduate Student Teaching in Art Education
- Graduate Seminar in Student Teaching in Art Education
- Readings and Research in Art Education
- Research and Evaluation in Art
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 3529 other Masters in Education in United States
- A completed online application, accompanied by a $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate records.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale in undergraduate course work.
- An official report of scores on the Graduate Record Examination or the Miller Analogies Test.
- A current résumé outlining educational, art and work experiences.
- Three letters of recommendation attesting to the candidate's potential to do graduate work and potential to be successful in an art education career.
- A bachelor’s degree in art education or its equivalent, including 45 credit hours of art courses.
International21692 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21692 USD per year and a duration of .
National21692 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21692 USD per year and a duration of .
In-State8929 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8929 USD per year and a duration of .
All full-time graduate students (those taking 9 credit hours or more per semester) pay per credit hour.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.