Students in Wheaton’s program are able to participate in original archaeological research at the highest levels as part of the excavations at Tel Shimron.
The project is led by Wheaton Professor Daniel M. Master, and it brings together scholars from all over the world to excavate the site of Tel Shimron, the largest site in Israel’s strategic Jezreel Valley. Research at the site began in 2016, and the team has already investigated a series of ancient cities dating from the Middle Bronze Age through the medieval period. This project offers students unrivaled opportunities, not only to develop as field archaeologists, but to interact with a team of world-class scientists who bring expertise in all aspects of modern interdisciplinary archaeological research. Long term support for the Tel Shimron excavations comes from the Museum of the Bible.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advanced Old Testament Archaeology/Syria-Palestine
- Intro to Hebrew Exegesis
- Introduction to Hermeneutics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesArchaeology Religious Studies & Theology View 703 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
- Application deadline is March 15 for the following summer enrollment. (International Students: January 1.)
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university with minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Application for admission with autobiographical information and essays as indicated in application.
- Official transcripts from all previous colleges or universities attended.
- Three references: Academic, Pastoral (or other Christian leader), and Professional (employer).
- Research Paper (10 to 20 pages).
- Signed Statement of Veracity, Statement of Faith, and Community Covenant.
- $30 non-refundable application processing fee.
International850 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 850 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National850 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 850 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.