Why study MSc Climate Change and Development at SOAS?
- This Climate Change and Development (Online) programme from SOAS University of London is designed to meet the needs of people working on, or hoping to work on, climate change and development issues, including in businesses, government, international agencies and NGOs.
- The online format enables students to study for a MSc degree alongside work, caring or other commitments. Postgraduate Certificate and Diploma options are available for those unable to meet the commitments of the full MSc.
- The degree brings together a cohort of students from around the world into online discussions, led by specialist seminar tutors and convened by international experts.
- The modules draw from a wide range of disciplinary perspectives, concepts and methods including economics, environmental science, human geography, social development, political economy and environmental law.
Graduates from the Centre for Development, Environment and Policy leave SOAS with in-depth knowledge about the environment and sustainability challenges facing the world today, as well as the interdisciplinary skills to tackle them. Graduates go on to apply their learning in the private and public sectors, international organisations, NGO's, consultancies and development sector.
Recent graduates have been hired by:
- African Development Bank Group
- Civic Exchange, Hong Kong
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Energy Networks Association
- Energy UK
- Ernst & Young LLP
- Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office
- Plan UK
- Public Policy Projects
- UN Environment Programme
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Climate Change and Development
- Climate Change Adaptation
- Low Carbon Development
- Energy and Development
- Food Security and Social Protection
- Global Environmental Change and Sustainability
- Understanding Poverty
- Urban Sustainability
- Water and Land Management for Sustainable
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Development Climate Studies & Meteorology Environmental Sciences View 41 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at SOAS University of London and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
A good first degree in an appropriate subject area, as accepted by the University of London, and a high level of English language ability in reading and writing and in study skills.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5135 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10270 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National5135 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10270 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
- PgDip: £8,200
- PgCert: £4,100
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.