Childhood Education Grades 1-6 from State University of New York at Oswego prepares you with the skills to channel your interests and/or past degree into a career in education.
The MST Program leading to Initial Teacher Certification in Education is a full-time 12 month program, beginning in May and culminating in May of the following year. This clinically rich program is a cohort model that combines coursework and supervised field placements. You will learn to create diverse, effective, and creative experiences for learners and develop thoughtful teaching plans and assessment evaluations to help you achieve your goals.
SUNY Oswego is dedicated to preparing knowledgeable teachers with strong commitments to equity and diversity, critical thinking, social responsibility and critical reflection. Following completion of the program, candidates are eligible for New York State initial teaching certification.
- Certified NYS School Teacher
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Education of Diverse Populations
- Teaching Mathematics Grades 1-6: Authentic Literacy & Learning
- Integrated Methods: Language Arts & Social Studies
- Integrated Science and Technology Methods
- Teaching Exceptional Students
- Language and Literacy Development for All Learners
- Childhood Literacy: Assessment and Intervention
- Educational Assessment
- Continuing Professional Development through Research
- Student Teaching Grades 1-6
- Safe Schools, Healthy Students
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 3559 other Masters in Education in United States
- Official transcript
- GPA of at least 3.0
- GRE scores
- Program advisement meeting
- Education essay
- Two letters of recommendation
- Application fee
- Personal Statement
- English Language Requirements
- A scanned copy of the biographical of your passport
- And an original bank statement with a bank official’s signature and stamp evidencing sufficient funds for your first year at SUNY Oswego
- A completed SUNY International Student Financial Statement signed by all parties
International963 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 963 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National963 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 963 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State471 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 471 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Local fees for students residing in New York for at least 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.