Theoretical knowledge of chemical and biological processes (from molecular biology, genetics, microbiology, biochemistry, chemistry and analytics) will be put into practise on a molecular level and a technological basis will be established for the targeted production of biologically active molecules and production/synthesis processes that create scientific and economic added value. Detailed insights into the function of biological macromolecules enable the development of innovative products and processes including tailor-made enzymes as well as new biomolecule-based methods of analysis, or drugs.
The Molecular Biotechnology programme offered by Goethe University Frankfurt was established at the Department of Life Sciences of the Goethe University Frankfurt together with the Department of Biochemistry, Chemistry and Pharmacy and the Technical University of Darmstadt.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Molecular and applied microbiology
- Molecular cell biology and biochemistry of eukaryotic systems
- Biomolecular Design
- Developmental biology and genetics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent degree in a bio-scientific study programme with a maximum of 30 missing credit points (CP) allowed
- letter of motivation
- Applicants with an international university entrance qualification and Bachelor's degree must prove sufficient German language skills according to the regulations of the Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (DSH), the German language test for university entrance.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Semester fee: 369 EUR
Living costs for Frankfurt am Main
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.