The vision of Florida Gulf Coast University Master in Physician Assistant Studies program is to have graduates emerge as a leaders, who serve their communities as professional evidence-based providers seeking to improve health through patient-centered care.
Demand for physician assistants is expected to grow 30 percent from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations, according to U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. With hands-on learning in state-of-the-art facilities and the individualized attention of dedicated faculty, our graduates are poised to lead this growing field.
Graduates with this program from Florida Gulf Coast University will gain:
- Medical Knowledge
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Patient Care
- Practice-Based Learning and Improvement
- Systems-Based Practice
- Physical Diagnosis
- Medical Communications
- Clinical Medicine
- Human Physiology
- Clinical Integration
- Behavioral Medicine
- Diagnostic & Laboratory Study
- Legal & Ethical Issues
- Gross Anatomy
- Intro to PA Practice
- Public Health
- Evidence-based Medicine
- Women's Health
- Emergency Medicine
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine View 708 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- FGCU graduate application
- Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA) application and fee
- Official academic transcripts from every college or university attended
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Overall minimum GPA 3.0 required for all biology, chemistry and physics courses completed
- Three professional letters of recommendation from: a Physician Assistant (PA), a non-PA clinician (MD, DO or NP), a Professor or individual who has worked with the applicant in a professional or educational environment (min of six months)
- Minimum ten of direct patient care
- Interview (by invitation from department)
- Required Immunizations & Tb testing
International69210 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1538 USD per credit during 24 months.
National69210 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1538 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State13995 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 311 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Fort Myers Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.