The Forensic Studies program offered by Florida Gulf Coast University comprehensive education and training in two applied research concentrations – Forensics Behavioral Analysis and Human Identity and Trauma Analysis.
A challenging curriculum delivered by accomplished practitioner-scholars provides students foundational and progressive knowledge and experience in theory, methods, applied research, and field work.
Our program allows students to specialize in a specific area of interest, offering them two concentrations:
- Forensic Behavioral Analysis which addresses social problems relating to violence, sexual deviance, domestic relations, crime and terrorism through an integration of classical theory and contemporary research. A wide range of employment opportunities exist for graduates including those in local, state and federal crime and terrorism intelligence, law enforcement and corrections as well as child welfare and combatting domestic violence.
- Human Identity and Trauma Analysis which focuses on forensic anthropology, osteology and odontology. Graduates in this concentration seek employment with medical examiners, coroners and crime scene investigation units.
Graduates with M.S. in Forensic Studies from Florida Gulf Coast University will be able to:
- Demonstrate how a working knowledge of the intelligence enterprise contributes to the policy making process.
- Demonstrate how quantitative data analyses help to identify patterns of physical and/or behavioral manifestations of crime.
- Analyze the physical and/or behavioral lines of evidence and generate a report.
- Human Osteology
- Social Constructs of Crime
- Supervised Research
- Human Trafficking
- Cultural Ecology
- Forensic Anthropology
- Practicum-Human Identity
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesForensic Science Natural Sciences Environmental Sciences View 691 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
- FGCU graduate application
- Immunization history form – special immunizations & screens may be required for elective fieldwork
- Official academic transcripts from every college or university attended
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Supplemental forensic studies application
- Three forensic studies reference forms
- Criminal history through FL Department of Law Enforcement may be required for specific internships
- Letter of intent, describing research and career goals (less than 2 pages)
- Curriculum Vitae
International25828 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1174 USD per credit during 24 months.
National25828 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1174 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State6402 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 291 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Fort Myers Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.