The Statistics - Data Science program at California State University East Bay is flexible in order to serve the needs of students with varying backgrounds (including statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, business, economics and other quantitative fields) and with different career objectives.
The program includes concentrations in in Actuarial Science, Applied Statistics, Data Science, and Mathematical Statistics. All students are expected to master a wide variety of applied statistical, computational, and probabilistic techniques and the theoretical foundations upon which these techniques are based.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with an M.S. in Statistics from Cal State East Bay will be able to:
- Apply statistical methodologies, including a) descriptive statistics and graphical displays, b) probability models for uncertainty, stochastic processes, and distribution theory, c) hypothesis testing and confidence intervals, d) ANOVA and regression models (including linear, and multiple linear) and analysis of residuals from models and trends at the Master’s level.
- Derive basic theory underlying these methodologies.
- Model practical problems for solutions using these methodologies.
- Produce relevant computer output using standard statistical software and interpret the results appropriately.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced R for Data Science
- Data Visualization
- Statistical Learning
- Statistical Natural Language Processing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesStatistics Actuarial Science View 386 other Masters in Actuarial Science in United States
- If you were educated outside of the U.S., you must have earned a degree equivalent to a 4-year U.S. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. An official determination of eligibility will be made during the application process.
- Have the equivalent of a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Pay the 70.00 USD non-refundable application fee.
- Official academic records of all colleges or universities attended (High School Transcripts are not required)
- English language exam score (TOEFL or IELTS)
International15546 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15546 USD per year during 12 months.
National15546 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15546 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8274 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8274 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Hayward
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.