Engage and inspire students through technology.
Learn how to create enhanced learning opportunities using the latest tools and techniques to connect with today’s digital-first students.
Our unique approach to instructional design focuses on understanding learning theory, blending traditional instructional design models with rapid prototyping and data analytics to create online courses. You will gain hands-on experience developing and publishing online courses using the edX platform.
This Instructional Design and Technology MicroMasters Program from EdX in partnership with University System of Maryland - USMx and UMUC will provide the knowledge and skills needed to capitalize on one of the fastest growing areas of education – online teaching and learning. This program will prepare you to create engaging and active learning, using digital pedagogy, emerging technologies and data analytics.
Through this program you will learn how to design captivating learning experiences for students who want mobile learning opportunities that are collaborative and accessible, while advancing your knowledge of educational theory.
- "90 percent of academic leaders believe that it is ‘Likely’ or ‘Very Likely’ that a majority of all higher education students will be taking at least one online course in 5 years’ time”
- Career prospects for people with similar training include instructional software designer, instructional technologist, learning systems designer, educational technologist
- Instructional design and technology jobs are projected to grow.
What You'll Learn:
- Understand contemporary learning theories to develop online learning experiences
- Apply instructional design models to the development of online learning experiences
- Select, evaluate or design digital media to support learning
- Identify, evaluate, and integrate emerging technologies to support online learning
- Design an implementation process for online learning experiences
- Apply data mining techniques to the design and evaluation of learning experiences
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Instructional Design and Technology: Learning Theories
- Instructional Design Models
- Instructional Design: Digital Media, New Tools and Technology
- Instructional Design Course Evaluation & Capstone Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 8 months
- 8 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesInstructional Design View 216 other programmes in Instructional Design in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at edX - online learning platform and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1076 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1076 USD for the full programme during 8 months.
National1076 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1076 USD for the full programme during 8 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.