The two-year, 4-semester Special Education - Moderate-Severe Disabilities program at California State University East Bay overlaps significantly with the Education Specialist credentials. The Master of Science in Special Education recognizes that all candidates should be grounded in research and to know its direct applicability to the populations of individuals with disabilities.
Evidence-based practices for diverse learners in inclusive school and community settings are the backbone of the program to ensure that all individuals may have access to, participate within, and learn across all environments. The master’s degree develops and facilitates both teacher leadership among its graduates and related leadership roles in the field.
The Master of Science in Special Education prepares graduates for careers in teaching and leadership roles in the field of Special Education at local and state levels and within professional organizations and communities. Careers may include teachers and specialists, program supervisors, administrators, advocates and leadership faculty in special, inclusive and general education, and student support and advocacy.
- Teaming, Collaborative Educational Processes and Transition Services
- Individual and School-Wide Behavioral Needs, Mental Health & Positive Supports
- Communication and Technology
- Research and Professional Practices
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 717 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- If you were educated outside of the U.S., you must have earned a degree equivalent to a 4-year U.S. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. An official determination of eligibility will be made during the application process.
- Have the equivalent of a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Pay the 70.00 USD non-refundable application fee.
- Official academic records of all colleges or universities attended (High School Transcripts are not required)
- English language exam score (TOEFL or IELTS)
International15546 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15546 USD per year during 24 months.
National15546 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15546 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State8274 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8274 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Hayward
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.