Software touches just about everything in our world today. Today’s consumers expect intuitive and reliable technology, and in an increasingly crowded marketplace small missteps can trigger dissatisfaction and abandonment.
Software testing addresses weaknesses in software development while building scalable development processes to ensure a best-in-class user experience. Learn the skills needed to excel as a Software Tester or Quality Assurance Engineer.
In this Software Testing and Verification MicroMasters Program from EdX in partnership with University System of Maryland - USMx and UMUC you will gain essential knowledge about software testing concepts and techniques and learn by delving into various software test cases and how they are documented. You will also learn how to plan, execute and manage software testing as well as software quality techniques for formal verification, which is used in mission critical projects.
This program will be of benefit to Software Testers, Developers and Quality Assurance Engineers. It will provide career-changers with the skills to get an entry-level job in Software Testing and help advance Software Developers skills in unit testing.
- Career prospects for people with similar training include UX designer, web developer, software developer, information technology manager, data scientist, consultant, and research analyst.
- It is estimated that there are 233,000 Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers and there will be 37,000 additional job openings for Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers (source: O*Net Online)
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer is ranked as one of the happiest jobs in America by Forbes (source: forbes.com)
What You'll Learn:
- Software testing essential techniques and concepts
- Develop different types of software test cases
- Document test cases and the results of executing the test
- Manage software defects
- Conduct formal software verification
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Software Testing Fundamentals
- Software Testing Management
- Formal Software Verification
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 907 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International747 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 747 USD for the full programme and a duration of 6 months.
National747 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 747 USD for the full programme and a duration of 6 months.
5% discount coupon: Z7LZNQ4TN3B2JTWU valid for any free course + certificate upgrade
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.