The exciting field of Cloud Computing has experienced explosive growth. This transformative technology has not only altered the way business operate, but it has also shaken up the traditional structure of the IT department and placed new demands on staff members who are faced with reinventing their own careers.
With organizations rapidly moving their infrastructures and services to the cloud, jobs are growing at a breakneck pace, with many positions are left unfilled. The Cloud Computing MicroMasters Program is offered by EdX in partnership with University System of Maryland - USMx and UMUC.
Gain an understanding of cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, OpenStack, and vSphere and how to leverage them to increase business productivity and effectiveness. In this Cloud Computing MicroMasters program, you will learn about Infrastructure As A Service (IaaS), Platform As A Service (PaaS), Software As A Service (SaaS), and other "X as a service" platforms. You will receive key foundational knowledge about legal and compliance issues, security and risk mitigation and how to follow industry standards and best practices. You will also gain hands-on experience in implementing, configuring and managing cloud technologies.
This applied, graduate-level program is designed for learners who want to enter or advance their careers in this exciting and well-paying field. IT professionals not already working with cloud technologies will gain a solid foundation while those with some cloud experience will gain a more in-depth understanding of other cloud technologies and other knowledge such as security, policy, and legal and compliance issues.
- More than half of US businesses now use cloud computing to reduce cost, increase flexibility, and increase agility. This number is expected to grow rapidly over the next few years. (Source: Forbes)
- The federal government has a “Cloud First” mandate, which directs agencies to move IT infrastructure to the cloud. (Source: CIO.gov)
- Cloud Computing jobs are some of the hardest to fill in the industry. (Source: Burning Glass)
- Job titles include: Cloud Engineer, Cloud Architect, Cloud Analyst, Network Architect, and Network Administrator.
What You'll Learn:
- Cloud computing foundations and models
- Types of cloud computing technologies (ie: AWS, Azure, IBM)
- Methods for managing a cloud computing adoption/migration project
- How to design a cloud computing infrastructure or service
- Deployment and configuration of cloud computing systems
- Insuring cloud security and mitigating risk
- SaaS, PaaS and IaaS and other service platforms
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cloud Computing for Enterprises
- Cloud Computing Management
- Cloud Computing Infrastructure
- Cloud Computing Security
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 8 months
- 8 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 807 other programmes in Informatics & Information Technology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1076 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1076 USD for the full programme during 8 months.
National1076 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1076 USD for the full programme during 8 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.