The Multimedia - Interaction Design program at California State University East Bay emphasizes the creative and technical aspects of current and emerging technology and its use in creating, controlling, delivering, and presenting compelling content in an interactive form. This degree draws upon elements from a number of fields including art, journalism, computer science, psychology, and telecommunications.
The master’s degree in Multimedia focuses on Interaction Design, the creation of interactive applications and objects as part of designed user experience.
The Multimedia graduate program embraces industry skills and practices by emphasizing teamwork and project-oriented goals. Students learn the skills needed to adapt quickly to new environments - a valuable asset for any profession. Because multimedia is a rapidly developing and rapidly changing field, the program focuses as much on the enduring creative process as on the transient technology.
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, the epicenter of the interactive digital media industry and technological innovation, the Multimedia graduate program prepares students for successful careers across multiple growing industries.
Interaction Designers create meaningful relationships between people and their interactive digital products, environments, systems, or services.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Seminar in Interactive Art & Design
- Project and Story Development
- Interactive Content Development
- MM 682 - Individual Multimedia Research and Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesVideo Games & Multimedia View 34 other Masters in Video Games & Multimedia in United States
- If you were educated outside of the U.S., you must have earned a degree equivalent to a 4-year U.S. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. An official determination of eligibility will be made during the application process.
- Have the equivalent of a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Pay the 70.00 USD non-refundable application fee.
- Official academic records of all colleges or universities attended (High School Transcripts are not required)
- English language exam score (TOEFL or IELTS)
International15546 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15546 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National15546 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15546 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State8274 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8274 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.