Education systems around the world face the central challenge of finding innovative solutions and techniques for improving student performance.
This challenge is shared by teachers, teacher-leaders, and principals who are responsible for improving opportunities to learn, with two goals: raising average levels of student performance and reducing achievement gaps between students.
Beyond schools, leaders in district offices, government agencies, professional associations, and other non-governmental enterprises also share the challenge of improving student performance at scale across entire schools, districts, and systems.
Developed in collaboration with the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching - and drawing on the expertise of leading researchers, innovators, and practitioners - the Leading Educational Innovation and Improvement MicroMasters Program offered by the University of Michigan - MichiganX from University of Michigan will empower learners to collaborate and strengthen educational opportunities and outcomes for millions of students, especially those currently underserved by their public schools.
What You'll Learn:
- To envision new possibilities for the work of students and teachers in classrooms.
- To understand alternative logics and strategies for organizing the practice of educational innovation.
- To examine the application of the emerging field of improvement science to the practice of educational innovation.
- To explore innovation and improvement in large-scale educational reform initiatives in the US and around the world.
- To improve your own practice as an educator, innovator, and/or reformer.
- To develop and manage teams that use disciplined, evidence-based methods of educational innovation and improvement.
- To employ disciplined, evidence-based methods of educational innovation and improvement to manage collaborations among schools, districts, and systems.
- Teachers will have the knowledge, and may be able to pursue the credentials, to become active members of improvement teams and initiatives in their schools and districts.
- Leaders within the K-12 governance structure will have the knowledge, and may be able to pursue the credentials, to develop and manage inter-organizational teams able to effectively use leading methods of educational innovation and improvement.
- NOTE: Teachers and leaders should consult appropriate agencies to discuss possibilities for continuing education credit.
- Reformers beyond the K-12 governance structure will have the knowledge, and may be able to pursue the credentials, to use leading methods of educational innovation and improvement to secure funding for their work.
- Reformers can establish organizations and strategies supporting large-scale improvement; and manage their collaboration with school, districts, and systems.
- Career opportunities as grade-level team leader; content-area improvement specialist; instructional coach; school improvement team member; program developer.
- Additional career opportunities as external coach/implementation support; improvement specialist; project manager; grant writer; policy analyst; program officer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Leading Ambitious Teaching and Learning
- Designing and Leading Learning Systems
- Improvement Science in Education
- Case Studies in Continuous Educational Improvement
- Leading Educational Innovation and Improvement Capstone
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 30 days
- 2 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEducation Innovation Management View 1307 other Masters in Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International940 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 940 USD for the full programme and a duration of 30 days.
National940 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 940 USD for the full programme and a duration of 30 days.
5% discount coupon: Z7LZNQ4TN3B2JTWU valid for any free course + certificate upgrade
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.